Monday, February 23, 2015

Testing

Every year that you're in school, you seem to take big important tests that are "important".  It's a big packet full of questions that normally don't make a lot of sense.  You know why your score is important? It determines what colleges you can get into and how much funding your school gets. That makes so much sense...except that it doesn't.  I do well on tests, but I'm above the average student.  I know plenty of people who are smart and have all these talents, but they don't do well on tests.  Because they can't do well on tests, their options for college are limited.  Does that seem fair to you? It certainly doesn't seem fair to me.  Tests just don't make sense, they certainly don't help people and they definitely hurt people.  In my opinion, tests shouldn't be as popular as they are.  Sure it's nice to have an easy way to determine the understanding of students, but it's only accurate for a few of the students.  I'm not saying that we need to completely get rid of tests, but they need to happen less often.  Keep in mind that this is just an opinion :D

No comments:

Post a Comment